Tuesday, September 14

treacle tuesday : pears

As a squeaky soprano in the high school choir, our first song was "My Favourite Things" from the Sound of Music.   I still find myself singing this cheery ditty at random moments... raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

I like to ponder my favourite things; the things that I am grateful for, that I love having in my life.  So I decided to dedicate Tuesday to the sweetness, to the treacle for the stickybeak. 


Today is all about pears.  Living in the tropics, I really miss pears, the way they fit perfect in my hand, the subtle crunch or the dribble of juice.  Pears with walnuts and rocket, pears and honey on toast., pear and rosemary crumble, pear tart... 


They are lovely looking things, beautiful in their asymmetry.  I have a whole series of pear paintings inside me, I just have to learn how to paint first.  For now I can admire the chunky brush strokes of Jacqueline Coates, an artist based in Kapunda, South Australia. 

jacqueline coates : pear still life, oil on canvas
Jacqueline Coates : pear study, oil on canvas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...