Saturday, November 13

from the drawing board


AAA is having a creative architect moment.  He was given a packet of textas for his birthday and is doing his best to run them dry, drawing theoretical surf pods with wild trusses and sweeping roofs.

  
Excuse me Aquaman, what’s the inspiration behind these drawings?
The medium of the texta; it’s not a precious medium, it is a low grade material that I haven’t played around with since I was a kid.  I was unattached to the outcome, more playful.  In the back of my mind I was investigating the loose, organic design driven by Adrian’s job (client).  Distinctive Indo architecture exaggerated; modified Timorese beehive houses crossed with the Toraja saddle roof from Sulawesi.


 
Now the little treasure is sitting on the floor making a model out of matchsticks.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...