Friday, January 28

aussie day celebrations


There was no Donna Hay or Gourmet Traveller styling at this Australia Day celebration.  Just the ridgy-didge essentials for a backyard barbie around the Hills Hoist - tongs, paper plates, ETA vegetable oil, and single ply napkins.  I dug out my home made dress for its once a year appearance; at this rate, as long as they keep the same flag, and I don't start eating vanilla slice, it should last me for the rest of my life.


After the char-grilled animal protein first course (or salad for the vegans among us), it was time for the annual Australia Day bake off . There was hot competition between the pavlova and lemon cheesecake, with my votes going to the home-made Violet Crumble.  After a suspenseful count to rival the Brownlow, the pav' took out the highly coveted "snot block award."  Oi Oi Oi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...