Friday, January 6

all you need is love


Of course there is the wedding anniversary, but just as important to us is the "love anniversary."  The marking of that day 12 years ago when we knew it was on. When my willingness to get up at 5.00am to go for a surf made sense. When I was "just driving past" at 11.00pm, totally out of my way home, but pulled toward a dazzling vortex.


There isn't a need for gifts or roses or chocolate.  Just time to celebrate the evolution of our relationship and the daily joy we share.  A swim at Honeycombs, coffee and a relaxed morning reading and sharing stories from our favourite magazines at Purist Gallery Cafe, and a simple dinner at home gazing into each other's belly buttons. Well, you get the idea. 


I have sent you my invitation
The note inscribed on the palm of my hand by the fire of living
Don’t jump up and shout “yes this is what I want, let’s do it”
Just stand up quietly and dance with me.

Show me how you follow your deepest desires
Spiralling down into the ache within the ache
And I will show you how I reach inward and open outward
To feel the kiss of the mystery, sweet lips on my own, every day.

Tell me a story of who you are
And see who I am in the stories I am living
And together we will remember that each of us always has a choice.

Take me to the places on the earth that teach you how to dance
The places where you can risk letting the world break your heart
And I will take you to the places where the earth beneath my feet
And the stars overhead, make my heart whole again and again.

Show me how you take care of business
Without letting business determine who you are
When we are well fed but still the voices within and around us
Shout that soul’s desires have too high a price,
Let us remind each other that it is never about the money.

Sit beside me in long moments of shared solitude
Knowing both our absolute aloneness and our undeniable belonging
Dance with me in the silence and in the sound of small daily words,
Holding neither against me at the end of the day

And when the sound of all the declarations of our sincerest intentions
Has died away on the wind
Dance with me in the infinite pause before the next great inhale
The breath that is breathing us all into being.

Just take my hand and dance with me.

the dance, oriah mountain dreamer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...